January 2019: REBOA/EVTM training Nordic Group (closed)
2-3 of May, 2019: The next EVTM Workshop in Örebro, Sweden
A combination of seminars, discussions and most importantly hands-on training on live tissue and models will be used, aimed at teaching endovascular resuscitation through endovascular access skills, REBOA, embolization, and other methods for hybrid bleeding control.
More info under Workshop.
17-18 of November, 2019: Pan American EVTM (PA-EVTM) in Denver, Colorado, USA
Providing a dynamic forum with provocative interactive discussions and debates with leaders in this evolving field that is easily accessible to those in North, Central and South America.
More info under Symposium.
Ongoing studies open to join:
- ABOTrauma Registry (REBOA in trauma) – With retrospective and prospective registration. Real world open collaboration. Several publications pending.
- REBOAGYN Registry will start soon. REBOA for PPH in center.
- Military cooperation on EVTM issues (military only)
- Pre-hospital civilian cooperation on EVTM/REBOA
Recently workshops performed in: France, Denmark, Israel, Brasil, Thailand, Korea and others.
EVTM issues will also be presented at several congresses and meetings in the upcoming months.
- ESTES, Prague
- Brasil ACS/Surgery congress (Damage control resuscitation EVTM sponsored meeting)
- Sri Lanka surgical association
- Norwegian Vascular annual meeting
- Dutch annual vascular meeting
- Danish military society annual meeting
- Veith NYC 2019
- Endovascology China, 2019
During the last EVTM Symposium in Örebro, Sweden, the first EVTM Society meeting took place to discuss how best to continue promoting optimal treatment and new methods for bleeding control in trauma and non-trauma patients, and state-of-the-art endovascular resuscitation. More information on what was discussed will be coming shortly. The EVTM Society is continuously open to those who want to join, contribute and be a part of this ongoing venture. More information on the society can be found on the appropriate link above. The next assembly will be in Denver, USA Nov 2019.
In addition, the EVTM App, including the new REBOA Timer, was released for Android users, with an iPhone version coming soon. An alternative platform for communicating upcoming events, read JEVTM articles and Top Stent, listen to Podcasts, Tips & Tricks, Photos & Videos and discuss EVTM related issues with others through Open Forum.
EVTM has a very exciting future ahead with the continued goal to share information on advanced methods for bleeding control and endovascular resuscitation, exchange of data, professional cooperation and education. We welcome all with interest to join, as well as socities interested in cooperation on these issues.